Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas Preparations

I love Christmas. As a Christian it means more then just an excuse to eat and drink too much though I enjoy these too. Despite the credit crunch I have done most of my present shopping and I enjoy choosing gifts for my loved ones. What I do find hard though is trying to keep everyone happy, making sure to visit everyone and to fit in to my family's hectic timetables so that I get to spend some time with those I love. But with everyone else trying to do the same it seems inevitable that there will be people I would like to spend Christmas day with that I wont be able to see that day.

This year as in previous years my family have asked what I would like for Christmas and I gave it some thought and realised that there is really nothing I need. What a lucky person I am! It seems that half the world's people dont have a roof over their heads or enough to eat and here am I needing nothing.So here I am in my warm home, with my cupboard full of food feeling that there must be something I can do to bring more meaning to Christmas. I think I'll send an extra present to the excellent http://www.sendacow.org.uk/ website to ease some of my guilt and hopefully help someone much less lucky than me. Its the very least I can do.

On Christmas Eve I will go with my son and daughter in law and grandchildren to the childrens Christmas service at church then to midnight mass with my friend. Only then will it really feel like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment